Jetset: SF to SoCal

May 01, 2014

Hello friends! It's been a while and this post is way over due, but I decided to just go ahead and post it anyway. 
Ah, but first! Happy First of May! It's crazy right? It feels like the year just started and now it's already May! 

Okay, onto the post -- I traveled down to Southern California (in early January) with my friend to visit our other friend who lives down there. We stayed there about a week and let me tell you, I was rather sad when the time came to leave. Lol. I love the Bay Area but I know that I want to move to SoCal one day (despite that I hate the hot weather, go figure)

Anyways, I'm not going to go into too much detail about my trip and talk about each day spent there like I had originally planned but here's a few shots I took while I was down there. Enjoy?

After landing at SNA airport, met up with my friend who was housing my other friend and I for the week we were staying out there. We didn't do much the first day, we ended up relaxing and planning out the rest of our stay.


LA Union Station was quite busy. I assume it always is, but anyways, I waited there for almost an hour for my friend to pick me up. I was wary about my surroundings and I admit I was a bit nervous because I was alone and my phone was seriously on the verge of dying.
I waited in the courtyard which was the least busy. Thankfully my other friend (who was meeting up at the station as well) ended up arriving shortly before my other friend from LA came to pick us up.
It was quite a new experience because I had never ever gone so far as an hour by myself on public transit, all in all, it wasn't too bad.

Anyways, after that whole ordeal, we all spent the night out in LA before heading back to OC.
As you can see in the next pictures, we spent our day at the beach ^^


Welcome to Newport Beach, Orange County, California ~
 I'll be honest, I wasn't too excited at the thought of going to the beach because one, I hate the heat and two, I wasn't too keen on getting dirty in the sand. Anyhow, I had no choice but to go and in the end, I enjoyed myself. The weather wasn't hot at all, it was quite chilly rather.

We ended up not staying too long because it was already quite late in the afternoon. Actually, I had wished we stayed a bit longer, funny huh?
The scenery was too gorgeous and made me wish I had a better camera to shoot with.

 Instagramming in action ^ Hehe.



I actually really like this shot, despite the fact that I took it with my Fuji which is crap - not that the brand is, but the one I have isn't that good. Time to invest in a new camera? I think so.


Despite going to the beach and my mini excursion to Los Angeles, my friends and I ate KBBQ, I went to LA to meet up with another friend of mine which was nice because I haven't seen him in a while, we ate at IOTA which is seriously one of the cutest cafes ever! I definitely recommend, everything is so cute and I regretfully didn't take a picture of my food. :'(

I love the cafe scene, I wish we had such cafes closer to where I lived. Another reason why I must move to LA, lol.



Macarons from IOTA and Korean BBQ from, ah, I forgot where actually. The KBBQ was so good, despite that I was the only one grilling, I even had difficulties during so and the waiter had to help me, hehe. He was really nice though, he even gave us tips on what was good to eat with what.


Headed back to the Bay Area. How bittersweet.

Overall, my trip was really relaxed and went by entirely too quick. It was definitely nice meeting up with old friends, meeting new faces and just being able to get away from home. -- I'm planning on going back down in July, but we'll see. I definitely want to go back soon though.

*There's a few more pictures from this trip on my instagram.
& Here's the address to IOTA, if you're interested:

528 SOUTH WESTERN AVE
LOS ANGELES, CA
METRO LINE: RED – WILSHIRE AND WESTERN


Thanks for reading~
Yours Truly,


Follow me on Instagram 
if you'd like, of course.

You Might Also Like

0 comments